This APC by Schneider Electric Rack Power Distribution Unit, the Easy PDU, may be used as a stand-alone,
network-manageable power distribution device. The Easy PDU provides real-time remote monitoring of
connected loads. User-defined alarms warn of potential circuit overloads. You can manage an Easy PDU
through its Web User Interface (Web UI), or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 :
• Device power, apparent power, power factor and energy.
• Phase voltage, current.
• Configurable alarm thresholds that provide network to help avoid overloaded circuits.
• Various levels of access: Super User and General User. (Only one user allows to log in simultaneously at same access level).
• Event logging.
• Modbus-TCP (disabled as default configuration)
• SNMP traps (V1, V2c, and V3).
• Security protocols for authentication and encryption.
• Synchronize the time with the SNTP Server.
𝐓𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐏𝐃𝐔 :
1. Install the Easy PDU using the Installation Instructions that were shipped with your device.
2. Apply power and connect to your network. Follow the directions in the Installation Instructions.
3. Establish network settings.
4. Begin using the Easy PDU by way of one of the following:
– Web User Interface.
– Easy PDU Front Panel.
– SNMP protocol.
𝐃𝐇𝐂𝐏 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 :
The default TCP/IP configuration setting, DHCP, assumes that a properly configured DHCP server is available to provide TCP/IP settings to the Easy PDU.
𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐈𝐏 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 :
You must define three TCP/IP settings for the Easy PDU before it can operate on the network:
• The IP address of the Easy PDU
• The subnet mask of the Easy PDU
• The IP address of the default gateway (only needed if you are going off segment)